Alright all you PC gamers out there this is a thread to explain how to properly update your Nvidia Drivers.
For Vista and W7
First before you do anything download and install Driver Sweeper
(this can only be used in safe mode). On the Download page scroll down to the big green circle with the arrow in it.
1. Open the Nvidia folder, go to Start>Computer>C:>Nvidia>Display Driver> Now leave that open and go to step two.
2. Go to, Start>Control Panel>System and Security>System>on the left side of the window under Control Panel Home open the Device Manager go to step three.
3. In the Device Manager Double click on Display adapters this should open a drop down menu, RIGHT click on your graphics card click on uninstall, Make sure the Box by "Delete the driver software for this device" has a check in it. Then hit OK.
4. Now go back to the Nvidia display driver folder I had you open in the first step, and delete all the folders in there.
5. Restart your PC and go into safe mode using F8 before windows boots.
6. Open Driver sweeper program and in the window you will see this window
Make sure to ONLY check the boxes next to "Nvidia-Display and Nvidia-Physx" NOTHING ELSE SHOULD BE CHECKED.
7. On the bottom of the Driver Sweeper window there is an "Analyze" button click on it after it is done scanning to the right of the "Analyze" button there is another button called "Clean" hit that, after that is done it will ask you to reboot hit OK to reboot.
8. Start Windows normally and go get the latest download of the Nvidia Drivers
for your card.
9. After you download your cards drivers install them.
You should be good to go if you followed these directions completely.